Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sleepless nights...

Argh! It's 5:03 a.m. and I'm tossing and turning in my hotel room. I'm away from all of my kiddos and I'm so stressed about Drake. He's so behind in school. He's only able to read, if he covers his left eye with his hand and at this point I wouldn't call it reading.
He came home from school this week sick from his eye and very upset. We've agreed to put him in therapy as he has pretty bad PTSD. He's either upset or upsetting someone else especially towards the evening. I've also noticed pretty intense panic attacks.
My sister who is closest to Drake is moving to Utah. I'm so happy. I feel like someone is holding a pillow over my face and I'm fighting for air. It will be great to have her comfort.

I would have never thought this situation would try all my patience, frustration, sadness, etc. I honestly can say I feel actual heartache for him. My husband has been working a lot, so it's been very lonely. The other two boys are doing great. I feel very fortunate that Drake is such a fighter and positive child. I often wonder if God gave him all the spirit and creativeness he has to help prepare us for situations like this. I've never seen a child so positive thru such hard times. He's still making everyone laugh.

The sweetest thing I've heard my youngest say while we were cuddling was when asked what his favorite thing was about each brother, he said, " I like Drake's owie eye." His innocence and lack of judgement because someone was different melted my heart. When times are tough, I try my best to hold onto the sweet moments like those.....

No comments:

Post a Comment